Saturday 3 June 2017

Introduction

Hello all and welcome to my blog!  If you are about to have - or are thinking about having - a gum graft, you'll know that there is a lot of scary information out there about how much it hurts.  

I had a graft of all my teeth (yup, every one of those suckers) using AlloDerm in June 2017.  I will take you through my experience in this blog, and hopefully it will help someone out. 

The biggest problem that led to gum recession in my case was years of tooth grinding at night (bruxism).  I had several well-meaning dentists over the years who made the problem worse - I'll put that in another post for those of you who share similar issues.  

Other things that can contribute to gum recession are brushing too hard, trauma from objects in the mouth (piercings, retainers...), those darn genetics (some people just have thinner gum tissue) - more on that here.

If your dentist is recommending you for a gum graft, please read on.

Please note that I am absolutely 100% not a medical professional!  I am just a regular person who wants to share their experience and hopefully give you some useful information.  I'm sure we can all help each other better by sharing information, so please leave comments to help others.  All opinions are my own and all the products I mention are things I genuinely used and found helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your experience and help others